Idol Judge SHOCK: Snoop Dogg & 50 Cent?!

Kyle Sandilands unveiled significant insights about the operations of Australian Idol prior to the upcoming final on Sunday evening.

Unveiling some behind-the-scenes details, Kyle discussed the changes happening with the panel of judges and shared the upcoming plans for the Channel Seven talent competition in 2025.

53-year-old “shock jock” shared with Daily Mail Australia that American Idol will indeed return for another season, with producers swiftly bringing back the original panel of judges. Notably, Kyle shares that he was among the first to learn about this exciting news.

‘Last Monday night, Marcia asked me at the desk if I knew about the new dates since they had already been booked for next year. I responded that they had informed me about the new dates a month prior and seemed slightly irritated by her question.’

In the early 2000s, when Sandilands initially appeared on Australian Idol, he asserts that the current success of the series can be attributed to his involvement in deciding which contestants would return and which ones wouldn’t.

‘Where’s Harry Connick, Jr? Not here. Amy [Shark]’s here now. Marcia’s here now,’ he said.

When all was said and done, it was Jeff Howard, the CEO of Channel Seven, who came to see me for a meeting. Over lunch, it became clear to me that he was attempting to woo me back into television, but at that point in time, I had already decided to step away from the world of TV.

Later on, he suggested, “Why don’t you return to TV again?” To which I responded, “I’m not particularly keen.” He then proposed, “What if we revive American Idol?” And I excitedly replied, “Oh, that’s definitely something I’d be interested in!

Kyle also said the original judging panel nearly looked very different.

Initially, it was announced that the judging panel for Australian Idol in 2023 would include a number of renowned international stars – but unfortunately, those plans did not come to fruition.

As a lifestyle connoisseur, I found myself in the shoes of a production decision-maker, with Harry Connick Jr. being considered as a potential fit for our show. However, my colleague Kyle and I shared a belief that the essence of the program should originate from within, reflecting the unique charm and authenticity of our local community.

Originally, it was planned that I, Amy Shark, Meghan Trainor, and Snoop Dogg would perform together. However, Snoop encountered visa complications, and we almost secured 50 Cent for the event, but his busy schedule with film companies made it difficult to coordinate our schedules.

The outspoken presenter touched upon the fierce competition between Australian Idol and Channel Nine’s hit series, Married At First Sight, as well as his decision to avoid discussing the latter program on The Kyle & Jackie O Show.

Five years back, we delved into Married at First Sight. However, my enthusiasm for it has waned over time. Yet, I acknowledge its enduring popularity. In fact, it consistently dominates primetime television, as I conceded recently.

I raised the issue with Channel Seven and asked them why they scheduled it against Channel Nine’s most popular show. They replied that they won’t simply give up and air reruns of Gilligan’s Island, as they still need to offer something modern and appealing to their advertisers.

‘A lot of people don’t want to advertise in MAFS because of the style of content of show.’

On ratings, rival networks and future plans

As a die-hard follower, I couldn’t help but voice my thoughts on the intense focus the media has been placing on radio ratings, particularly in light of KIIS FM’s recent Melbourne statistics.

‘I didn’t celebrate it. I thought it was f**ked,’ he said bluntly.

‘Most folks don’t grasp this point about ratings. Out of the approximately 5.5 million residents in Melbourne, just around 18,000 were asked to complete a diary.’

Additionally, he denied allegations that his and co-host Jackie O Henderson’s purported pay raise led to the departure of presenter Mitch Churi.

As a devoted admirer, let me clarify that I had absolutely no hand in Mitch’s termination. To be honest, I can’t vouch for the absolute truthfulness of the rumors, but they do seem plausible. It appears that his negotiation tactics just didn’t resonate with those making the decisions.

Looking to the future, Kyle admitted he’d like to expand into Brisbane but isn’t in any rush.

I’ve explicitly stated my preference for Brisbane, and although it has experienced a slight dip recently, its performance remains robust with decent attendance figures.

Regarding competitive co-presenters, Kyle emphasized that he never allows competition to interfere with friendships – disclosing his plans for a dinner meeting with his former workmate Jason Hawkins next week.

In my earlier days, I encountered an individual who resembled a 16-year-old back then. At Triple M Brisbane, he was more like an apprentice under my wing, if you will, and I would joke about it by calling him that.

Read More

2025-04-06 04:04

Previous post TownsFolk launches on mobile, inviting you to explore a living, atmospheric world filled with puzzle challenges
Next post Justin Bieber and Baby Jack Snap Sparks Hailey Marriage Rumors: Is Everything Okay?