Here аrе thе kеу takeaways from thе Apple Inc. iPhone, watch event Tuesday:
- The iPhone 15 Pro Max will cost $100 more than the previous top-end iPhone, at $1,199, and both new pro iPhones add a titanium frame in white, gray, black and blue, enhanced cameras and a new 3-nanometer A17 Pro chip.
- The iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus get a new frosted glass back, the Dynamic Island, last year’s A16 chip and a 48-megapixel back camera.
- The Apple Watch Series 9 and Apple Watch Ultra 2 are small updates, adding new wireless chips, sensors and S9 chips for improved performance. The Ultra 2 gets a new watch face with a focus on extreme sports, while a new double-tap gesture for conducting actions is a helpful addition, but probably not worth the upgrade.
- Apple is pushing its sustainability initiatives further by making the new aluminum Apple Watches its first carbon-neutral devices. The company also dropping leather from all iPhone and Apple Watch accessories.
- Apple is now all-in on USB-C, touting the connector as compatible with the latest iPads and Macs. The Pro models get faster data transfer speeds.
- ARGENTINE BANKS FLEE TO ONE-DAY NOTES AMID GOVERNMENT TRANSITION
- OIL HOLDS DECLINE AS OPEC+ DISPUTE CLOUDS OUTLOOK FOR PRODUCTION
- BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY EXITS INDIA’S PAYTM WITH $164 MILLION SALE
- DELL, SALESFORCE STRUGGLE AS CROWDSTRIKE REVEALS IT BRIGHT SPOT: US EARNINGS WEEK AHEAD
- CHINA SAYS MULTIPLE PATHOGENS ARE BEHIND SPIKE IN RESPIRATORY ILLNESSES
- NEW ZEALAND PER-CAPITA RETAIL SALES FALL TO THREE-YEAR LOW
- SNB IS EVALUATING BANKS’ RESERVE REQUIREMENTS, JORDAN TELLS NZZ
- CHINA, JAPAN, KOREA MINISTERS AGREE TO PUSH FOR LEADERS’ SUMMIT
- SELFRIDGES STANDS OUT AS A WINNER IN SIGNA’S RETAIL IMPLOSION
- PWC CUTS 2% OF ITS WORKFORCE IN CANADA AMID SLOWING ECONOMY