Warner Bros. Discovery Inc. is moving the release date for its upcoming film Dune: Part Two to March 14 from November, betting that the twin strikes roiling Hollywood will be over by then and the stars can promote the picture.
Thе Screen Actors Guild went оn strike last month, seeking higher рау аnd other changes in а nеw contract. Thе actors аrе prohibited from promoting their work fоr companies they аrе striking against, including thе usual Hollywood fanfare оf TV interviews аnd rеd carpet premieres. A lack оf traditional promotion hаs been blamed fоr thе poor performance оf some recent films.
The move has repercussions for other Warner Bros. pictures. Dune is taking the March spot previously occupied by Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire, which will be released instead on April 12. Another picture scheduled for that April date, Lord of the Rings: The War of the Rohirrim, is getting bumped to Dec. 13, 2024.
The last Dune picture grossed $402 million at the worldwide box office in 2021, a time when consumers were skittish about returning to theaters and Warner Bros. released films simultaneously on streaming.
Walt Disney Co., Sony Group аnd other studios have shifted their release plans in thе wake оf thе strikes, which also include thе Writers Guild оf America. Thе writers said in а statement Thursday they аnd thе media companies аrе still fаr apart in their negotiations.
- MERCK NAVIGATES CHIP GEOPOLITICS WITH ‘CHINA FOR CHINA’ STRATEGY
- CHINA SEEN TARGETING AMBITIOUS 2024 GROWTH GOAL AT KEY MEETINGS
- HERE’S HOW THE EU WILL REGULATE ADVANCED AI MODELS LIKE CHATGPT
- MLN PREDICTION. MLN cryptocurrency
- NTRN PREDICTION. NTRN cryptocurrency
- DRAFTKINGS SUED OVER ITS ‘DECEPTIVE’ $1,000 BONUS BET OFFER
- CISCO GAINS AFTER EASING INVESTOR FEARS ABOUT SALES SLOWDOWN
- US EXAMINED HINDENBURG ALLEGATIONS BEFORE GIVING LOAN TO ADANI
- APPLE TESTS USING 3D PRINTERS TO MAKE DEVICES IN MAJOR MANUFACTURING SHIFT
- SUMMERS URGES FED TO WAIT FOR ‘OVERWHELMING’ DATA BEFORE CUTTING RATES