The misdemeanor charge against country singer Conner Smith concerning the death of an elderly woman has been dismissed.
The Davidson County District Attorney’s Office confirmed to TMZ on Thursday that they dropped the minor charge after the family of the person involved asked them to.
Twenty-five-year-old Smith was charged with failing to yield to a pedestrian, which resulted in the death of 77-year-old Dorothy Dobbins. The incident occurred in June 2025 when Smith struck Dobbins with his truck while she was crossing the street in a crosswalk.
The Daily Mail has contacted both representatives for Smith and the District Attorney’s Office in Davidson County, asking for a statement.
Attorney Worrick G. Robinson told TMZ that the tragic accident was deeply upsetting for the family of Dot Dobbins and the entire Germantown community.
I’ve been so touched to see how Conner has really connected with Dot’s family these past few months, and how genuinely heartbroken he was. He’s relieved this part of the legal process is over, but he’s told me he’ll absolutely continue to keep them in his thoughts and prayers – they mean that much to him.
Smith was hit with the misdemeanor charge in July of last year, just weeks after hitting Dobbins.
The country singer recently shared in an interview on The Upload with Brooke Taylor podcast about the sadness and emotional pain he’s been dealing with since the deadly accident.
Smith described feeling deeply depressed and overwhelmed after the fatal accident on June 8th.
Smith was driving a Chevrolet Silverado when he struck Dorothy Dobbins, who was crossing the street legally in a crosswalk.
Dobbins was taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Hospital, where she died.
He described it as completely unexpected. ‘It felt like a tornado hit my life,’ he said, ‘leaving behind a lot of grief and deep emotional pain from such a shocking experience.’
The singer of ‘Creek Will Rise’ struggled to find the right words to describe a certain unsettling feeling. He simply said it was something you couldn’t quite put into words.
It was complete chaos, like everything had been turned upside down. I felt disconnected from what was actually happening, and all that mattered were the people I cared about who were there with me.
Smith and his wife, Leah Thompson, disconnected from public life and went to stay with his parents.
He said he put his phone in a drawer and left it there for a whole month.
It was a really difficult time, so I went a month without using my phone. I stayed at my parents’ house, which is on some land south of Nashville, and just needed to disconnect. Honestly, being near my family was a good thing.
Smith performed for the first time since the accident on July 31 at the Grand Ole Opry.
He spoke on stage about how his faith in God got him through tough times.
Smith shared with the audience that he’s discovered God is nearest during life’s most difficult times, and has been a better companion than he ever expected, according to Fox News.
He was far more kind and protective than I ever thought possible. He truly exceeded my expectations in how much he cared and defended me.
Smith received a traffic ticket for a non-fatal collision where they didn’t yield the right of way. According to ABC News, police determined that neither alcohol nor distractions contributed to the incident on Smith’s side.
Smith also talked about when he might start making music and using social media again during his podcast interview.
I’ve been getting a lot of questions about when I’ll start posting on social media and releasing music again. My answer is, I’ll do it when I feel called to – when the time is right, as guided by my faith.
As a dedicated follower, I was so encouraged to hear Smith say he believes we’ll be back to normal ‘really soon’! But what resonated most with me was his explanation – he doesn’t think it’s about when he wants things to happen, but about waiting for the right moment, guided by something bigger than himself. It’s a really comforting perspective.
Smith shared that he feels a deep sense of peace and spiritual fulfillment right now, and is excited about creating new music soon. He expressed having ‘a lot of peace’ about it.
In July, Smith expressed deep sorrow over the death of Dobbins, saying he was heartbroken and finding it difficult to come to terms with the tragedy.
He shared on Instagram that four weeks ago, he was in a car accident that sadly resulted in someone’s death. He says he’s been grieving, praying for, and mourning for Ms. Dobbins and her family every day since.
I’m experiencing a level of heartbreak I’ve never felt before, and I’m still trying to come to terms with everything that’s happened.
He requested continued prayers for the Dobbins family, specifically asking for God to bring them peace and comfort each day.
Conner explained that he felt it was important to take a break from performing recently as a sign of respect.
Read More
- MLBB x KOF Encore 2026: List of bingo patterns
- eFootball 2026 Jürgen Klopp Manager Guide: Best formations, instructions, and tactics
- Overwatch Domina counters
- Brawl Stars Brawlentines Community Event: Brawler Dates, Community goals, Voting, Rewards, and more
- eFootball 2026 Starter Set Gabriel Batistuta pack review
- Honkai: Star Rail Version 4.0 Phase One Character Banners: Who should you pull
- Gold Rate Forecast
- Lana Del Rey and swamp-guide husband Jeremy Dufrene are mobbed by fans as they leave their New York hotel after Fashion Week appearance
- 1xBet declared bankrupt in Dutch court
- Clash of Clans March 2026 update is bringing a new Hero, Village Helper, major changes to Gold Pass, and more
2026-02-20 18:34